Answered By: askalibrarian askalibrarian
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2016     Views: 7

Hello, Charles ~ 

    To receive materials from other institutions (that SRU does not own or have access), you use our on-line system called ILLiad.  The link to ILLiad is available on the Bailey Library web page under the Services tab (Interlibrary Loan is the official link).  This link is on the left-hand side of our web page.

    Once you create an account, you are able to generate a variety of requests.  Materials not available in electronic format (books, audiobooks, etc.) are delivered to Bailey Library, so yes, you would have to pick it at the Circulation Desk. 

   When placing your request, you do not need to indicate where the material is available.  Our staff handles this through an automated request, so they can identify who to contact to retrieve the material in a timely fashion for you. 

   We have brochures available in the library on how to access ILLiad and there is helpful information on the Interlibrary Loan page (referenced above).  Lastly, I am including contact information for our RSS department, who handles all ILLiad requests.  Please do not hesitate to contact us for additional assistance on using this service.

   Have a nice evening,


Evenings:  Joe Drobney   724.738.4457

Daytime:  Ellen Pontius     724.738. 4389

Related Topics

    Contact Us