Answered By: Rocco Cremonese Last Updated: Jul 26, 2018 Views: 17
To use most library services while off-campus, you will need an e-mail account registered on sru.edu. This is a change from the previous system, where one could use their library barcode provided on a student or employee ID to access most of the library's online services.
I will outline how to sign in below. Unfortunately, the library cannot provide or reactivate an @sru.edu e-mail address, as this is done in conjunction with IT.
1. If an SRU username is needed (for emeritus faculty) or your password is not working, contact the IT Help Desk (724-738-4357) and request your e-mail account be reactivated or that your password be reset if you already have an @sru.edu e-mail account. This e-mail address and password will also function as your library login.
2. Go to Discovery, (http://www.sru.edu/discovery) which now functions as the library's catalog. You can also access Discovery from the Related Links column on the right side of Bailey Library's webpage.
3. Click "Login" located in the top right corner of the Discovery screen.
4. On the screen that follows, input your username and password, and click on sign in.
5. You should be returned to the Discovery screen from step 3, but the top right corner should now have your name in the corner.
6. From here, you should be able to access the catalog by searching using the Library Catalog search scope (to the right of the search bar on Discovery's first page). You can also search using the Discovery search scope. To review your loan and renewal options, you can use the "My Library Card" feature (you may have to click your name in the top right corner to get it to appear.) The other services you mentioned should be available.
One note regarding E-Z Borrow in particular: accessing EZ-Borrow is a bit convoluted at the moment due to the new system. After you have logged in, search for a book in the library catalog. (It does not have to be the book you are currently searching for, so long as it is in the library catalog.) When it appears on your results, click on the title to access the book's record. Under the "Get It" section, you will see options for E-Z Borrow and ILLiad. Click on the E-Z Borrow option to access E-Z Borrow.
As an alternative, if you still have your library barcode, it will work for EZ-Borrow, but you will have to enter the barcode manually. To access E-Z Borrow directly, follow the link below. You will still need a current SRU E-mail Address and account to review your loans, and request renewals.
We hope to have a much more seamless way to access E-Z Borrow from the Discovery page soon.
If you need to access a specific library database, you can still utilize the articles/databases page on the main Bailey Library website, or use the following database list from the library's Research Guides.
(http://sru.libguides.com/az.php) However, you will likely still need an SRU E-mail address and password to access the database materials while off-campus. The sign-in process for these are slightly different, as you may need to sign-in directly (when you try to access the database or material, you will be directed to a screen where you may need to enter your SRU username and password before you can access the database or material).
If you are still having access issues, please continue to use Ask A Librarian or contact Research Services via phone (724-738-2641).